The 3-DVG Workshop is for the visually orientated individual/ enthusiast and vision science investigator who wants to explore a new, unusual, perplexing, mesmerizing, and exhilarating visual phenomenon.
The three hour workshop is a series of visual experiments leading to
The personal realization that any picture can be make to appear in stereoscopic 3-D ….using only your fingers.
This leads to a personal reexamination of the known and accepted visual stereoscopic processes and the so called "illusion of depth" inherent in every (flat) picture.
You will be forced to reevaluate the fundamental nature of pictures and visual perception.
The 3-DVG Workshop Series begin October 9, 2010 with classes located at 3801 Market Street, Suite 200, Philadelphia, PA, 19104
The original 3-DVG Workshops were conducted at the Museum of Scientific Discovery in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania from 1992 to 1995. Subtitled: How to use your fingers to turn any color magazine picture ito 3-D, persons attending the 1/2 hour workshop would stay close to two hours.
A person participating in the 3-DVG workshop is presented a series of visual "experiments" that demonstrate simple methods to control the appearance of depth in ordinary pictorial images. As part of the workshop, the student learns to detect the 3-DVG phenomena and then learns to control different 3-DVG optical devices, including their fingers!
Starting from a flat appearing magazine photo the participant will learn to "dial in" increasing depth sensation leading to a picture that appears truly stereoscopic (in spite of limited actual stereopsis).
Details of specific workshop activity is provided in the 3-DVG Workshop Syllabus
Workshop Schedule for Philadelphia
Industry Workshops & Retreats
Workshop Benefits & Outcomes
- You will experience, for the first time, the entirety of the visual content actually contained in an ordinary photographic or recorded image. You will feel like you are seeing for the first time.
- The 3-DVG experience changes everyone. You will possess a new perspective of the visual world. You will learn to optimize the ordinary viewing experience
- Extends & enhances your visual perception of images (extends human perception)
Workshop Fee: $45 payable by check or credit card. Includes printed workshop topics, including two Stereo World magazine articles and an unadorned 3-DVG training device
Reserve your participation at the next Philadelphia workshop.by
(1) selecting a workshop date indicated on the Workshop Schedule and
(2) reserving your seat by selecting the method of payment options located beneath the workshop schedule list.